Monday, February 14, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #98



I had some time on my hands and looked around for more websites with card challenges and I stumbled across Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. My entry is for Challenge #98 and the theme was "Lovin' From The Oven"! There were so many great cards posted for this challenge and I thought I would try my hand at it too!

I decided to use patterned papers from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry collection. I thought the cupcakes were suitable for the theme. The stamped image and sentiment is from My Favorite Things, Who's That Birthday Girl stamp set. The ribbon is from Hero Arts and the flowers are yummy aren't they? The die used to cut out the stamped image is from Spellbinders and it's their Nestabilities Labels 4.

I paper pieced the cake with a patterned paper from the same Basic Grey Collection and coloured in the lady's skirt with Copic sketch markers using R20, R22 and R24. I also used four rust coloured brads at each corner as further embellishents.

I left the inside of the card blank but decided to use co-ordinating patterned papers to make it less boring.

Please forgive my pictures if they are not of great quality as I am still learning and trying to make do with the equipment that I have.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone and have a great week ahead!

3 comments:

Céline said...

fab card, love the paper and this big cake!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Gemma said...

Love the clean and elegant look of this card, the image is fab and the design paper is just so suitable for our challenge of this week! Thank you for joining our Lovin'from the oven challenge this week at SSC! Hugs Gemma

Sprytebyrd said...

What a yummy card! Love the papers and perfect image!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Don't forget our DT call, too! :)
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot