Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lucy Lovely Lines Sketch Challenge at Lily Pad Cards and a Lawnscaping Challenge

This is my entry for the Lucy Lovely Lines Sketch Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards. Lily Pad Cards was recently created by some beautiful people and I am always excited to see what new challenges or posts they come up with. The topics have always been interesting and they have the utmost talented design team members. Do visit them if you get the chance.

The sketch that we were given to be inspired by at Lily Pad Cards is as follows :

I am also entering this card for a challenge over at Lawnscaping Challenge Blog for Challenge #10 themed Polka Dots. Lawnscaping is a blog for avid lovers of Lawn Fawn stamps and I of course, love Lawn Fawn stamps!! So here goes!


This is my take on the sketch and the polka dot theme. It is not really my usual style but I must say I like how it turned out.


I used a few different stamp sets from Lawn Fawn - Sew Lovely, Bannerific and Sophie's Sentiments. I am really into paper piecing recently, not sure why. I used patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Collection called Life of the Party for the dress form, buttons and spools. The green polka dot background paper is also from MME and it is from their Antique Dots paper pad, which is HUGE..



I used the Classic Ovals Small from Spellbinder as a base for the dress form image. I then inked it with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spun Sugar. The cardstock is from We Are Memory Keepers.

I hope that you enjoyed reading and thank you for visiting!

8 comments:

Nancy K said...

I love this card so much, Kim, it's so wonderfully stylish and adorable at the same time. Beautiful paper piecing and great use of Lucy's sketch! So happy you played with us at the Lily Pad!

Kim C said...

Thank you for leaving such a beautiful comment Nancy. You don't know how much I appreciate it. :)

Blossom inch said...

lovely card indeed and what an awesome Italy trip ha...

Shirl said...

All the paper piecing makes this such a fun card! Love the embossing underneath the banner too :)

Laurel Beard said...

So stinkin' cute! Love all the paper piecing, the polka dots, the embossing all and bling!!! Thanks for playing with us Lawnscaping gals!

Lin said...

Beautifully done! Love the papers and your design! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!!

Kim C said...

Thank you ladies for all your beautiful comments!

Marie said...

Oh my gosh, I love that dress! TFS =)