Saturday, May 21, 2011

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #20



After a long hiatus from participating in the card challenges over at My Favorite Stamps, I managed to complete the above card for Sketch #20. I had this stamp for a while but never got to play with it until now. I am pretty happy with the results and the colours that I chose.

I used papers from Cosmo Cricket's Pixielicious Collection along with some cardstock from DCWV and We Are Memory Keepers. The stamped image is from My Favorite Things ("MFT") called 'Believe in Magic' and I coloured her in with my Copic Markers but decided to paper piece her skirt. I thought it would give the image more dimension. :) I used Star Dust Stickles on her little fairy wings. The border is a Die-namic from MFT called the Faux Crochet Border.

The blings that you see on the card is from my new toy. It's the Imaginisce I-ROCK heat set tool and the Imaginisce Jewels Hot Rocks which are purchased separately. I bought this in the hope that because I can buy hot fix jewels in bulk, I will save more money in the long run then buying those self-adhesive blings.

I would like to know whether readers prefer to see the materials used to make a particular card in like a list format or whether it is alright the way I present it now. Do leave me your comments if you have some thoughts on this. :)

Hope you enjoyed reading this! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: