Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Giorgio Armani - Foundation, Concealer and Powder

I recently visited the Giorgio Armani cosmetics counter at Pavilion Shopping Mall in KL as I have heard and read many good comments about the brand's foundation and powders. I first tried the Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup with SPF 12 on the back of my hand and the moment you touch the cream, you want to buy it!! No kidding....Smooth as silk and immediately transforms to the smoothest powder form! It is designed to make you look as if you are not wearing any makeup and because of the 3D Micro-fil technology, it gives your face an even smoother complexion. Face Fabric is for light coverage and comes in at least 8 shades I think, and retails for RM165. I am definitely putting this in my 'to buy' list after I finish my tinted moisturiser that I'm currently using from Laura Mercier.


The other foundation I tried was a more liquid form called Luminous Silk Foundation for light to medium coverage. This one does not finish in powder form but is also very light to touch. It is an oil-free fluid and also has the same 3D Micro-fil technology as Face Fabric and gives you a natural glow. Luminous SIlk Foundation also retails for RM165 and comes in at least 6 shades. I think I will get Face Fabric before I try this one out.


The other amazing thing about Giorgio Armani is it's powder! Loose or compact, its texture is simply super smooth!! You have to try it to believe it! The loose powder retails for RM160 while the compacts are slightly more expensive, with the compact that has some anti-ageing properties retailing at RM219....I will definitely buy this when my Guerlain Meteorites has finished. :)



My sister who went with me bought a loose powder and a concealer for undereye dark circles (although the concealer can also be used for other parts of your face). The concealer comes in a small sleek bottle with an applicator in the shape of a long thin brush. After dabbing bits of concealer under the eyes, you are then supposed to use a brush to spread the concealer evenly. My sister said that she felt the concealer gave good coverage while still feeling 'lightweight'. This is also on my 'to buy' list when I finish my concealer! Hahaha.


No comments: