Saturday, September 12, 2009

MAC Cosmetics Store - Pavilion Shopping Center

I just want to make a short posting on something I was quite surprised with. A few months back, I bought a lip gloss from MAC Cosmetics from their Plushglass range. I decided to try this range because it was supposed to plump your lips, or rather, make your lips look plumper than usual and it contained peppermint as part of its ingredient (and it makes your lips tingle when you have peppermint in any lip product).

Anyhow, my lips felt funny the first time I used the Plushglass but I didn't think too much about it. It felt like there were small, tiny rashes on my lips (invisible to the naked eye but you can feel it) and the lips felt rough in texture. I decided to then take note and put on the Plushglass again, and this time, the same tiny rashes on my lips appeared and it took about one week for my lips to go back to normal! I was so freaked out and was telling a friend of mine about it. She encouraged me to go back to the store and ask for a refund or an exchange since I was obviously somehow allergic to the product.

Now if I was overseas, I would have definitely gone back to the store and asked for a refund or exchange but as we all know, it's difficult to do so in Malaysia. Anyhow, since I had plenty of time on my hands, I thought I would try by first calling up the store and telling them my story. I was pleasantly surprised as the store manager told me to bring the product back along with my receipt and that they would gladly exchange it for another product.

So off I went happily to the store and all I had to do was fill in a form which actually had questions like 'What was the result of using the product?' in it. Does this mean lots of people have allergic reaction to their products? It was quite a long form to fill up but I was glad to do it. Better than having a brand new lip gloss lying around going to waste right? :)

Co-incidentally, I have to say that the MAC Store in Pavilion is the only one that I like going to. Why? Because the people at the other MAC Stores make you feel like an idiot that shouldn't be buying MAC stuff if you don't know how to put on make up. And they are usually not very polite when they are doing so. However, the service staff at the Pavilion store seems more polite, not pushy and very helpful, especially a girl called Chloe. So anytime I want anything from MAC, I will make the effort to go all the way down to the Golden Triangle. :)

Has anyone ever had the same experience that I had shopping at other MAC stores?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always go to mac klcc , and the MUAs there are so kind and helpful ! i havent had any problems so far :)

Kim C said...

I suppose there are many MUAs and probably not all of them are like that but generally, I really like everyone at the Pavilion Store. Hahaha.

SzeLing said...

I'm from Penang and I love all the MUAs here at MAC Gurney Plaza (the only MAC store in Penang). And whenever I'm in KL for holiday, I'd definitely go to the one in Pavilion. I love their customer service. =)

Kim C said...

I'm with you all the way! Hahaha. I just visited your blog and I love Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners too!!! I love their eyeshadows as well! :)) How do you get your stash of Urban Decay stuff?