Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sephora in Singapore

This post is about my recent visit into Sephora Singapore at ION Orchard during Merdeka Weekend. This is actually not my first visit to Sephora as I had already visited the Sephora in New York about 10 years ago. Only then, I was much younger and wasn't really interested in cosmetics so, did not think that Sephora was a big deal. Hahaha.

Anyhow, I was not allowed to take pictures of the inside of the Sephora store. Yes, I was a geek and asked the store people if I could, and they said 'no'. So, here's a picture of the store front.



It is actually a very spacious store and I hope that in the future they will choose to bring in more brands. For now, they have the following brands (I will try to list the brand names from Memory):

  • Sephora (in-house brand)
  • MAC
  • SK II
  • Pop Beauty (UK brand)
  • Smashbox
  • Too Faced
  • Clinique
  • Clarins
  • Kose
  • Bare Minerals
  • Bliss
  • Burt's Bees
  • Makeup Forever
  • Dr.Hauschka
  • Federik Fekkai
  • Nvey
  • Dior
  • Sisley
There's more but that's about all I can remember. They also sell perfumes by a lot of brands so Sephora is not only for skincare and cosmetics. :)

Basically I was only interested in Burt's Bees and Bare Minerals products as I have heard good things about it and wanted to try Bare Minerals foundation powder. There were many sales assistants around and I would say most of them were very polite except for the one that attended to me at the Bare Minerals counter. Anyhow, I bit my tongue and walked away with only one product (if she had been nicer to me, perhaps I would have walked away with more). Hahaha.



I apparently have yellow toned skin so the SA matched me with the mineral foundation in 'Light'. I have been browsing bare minerals online but was quite shocked when I saw the size of this thing up close. The above only contains 2 grams worth of powder and costs SGD48 (about RM 118). Although on the upside, it provides you with a sun protection factor of 15 (i.e. SPF 15).

I must say though that after trying the mineral foundation, I really love it. It gives my skin a natural finish with some coverage and on the overall, you get a glowing look. If you want light coverage, use a normal powder brush to apply it on your face. However, if you want a little more coverage, then use a kabuki brush to really buff the powder onto your face. The only downside is my pores becomes a little bit more apparent than normal but no one has commented on that fact yet! ;) I will be going back to Singapore in October and thinking if I should try something else from them. Hehe. You can read more about Bare Minerals cosmetic line by Bare Escentuals here.

I also got some brushes from Sephora's own line of brushes. First was the angle brush for cheeks, then another flat round top brush for either blusher, bronzer or powder and a crease contour brush. The brushes range from SGD20 to SGD35 and they are made of natural hair (whatever that means). Hahaha. But they are very soft although I haven't used it yet...Still too new. Hehehe.





I also bought a lip balm from Burt's Bees and another eyeshadow palette from Pop Beauty. I would say that the eyeshadows from Pop Beauty are pigmented and very smooth to the touch. I have not used them yet so I can't comment on whether it's long lasting or whether it goes on nicely.

I just wished that Sephora brought in Urban Decay because I really love the eyeshadows and eyeshadow primer potion! We can remain hopeful. :))

Feel free to leave me your thoughts on Sephora Singapore!

No comments: