Thursday, June 18, 2009

Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa

Today, I went out for lunch with my dad in Bangsar as we had some errands to run. I heard alot about the Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa in Kampung Baru but never had the chance to try it. Well, let's just say that I'm not a real big fan of nasi lemak, hence, will not drive all the way just to have some. >_< . But since they have a branch in Bangsar (it is located in the same row as Madam Kwan's and right opposite Bangsar Village 2's main entrance), I took this oppportunity to give it a taste test. The restaurant has an outdoor and an indoor section. I would not call the restaurant cosily decorated but it works.

I ordered their basic nasi lemak and added Rendang Daging. You pay RM2.95 for a basic nasi lemak and another RM5.50 for that little bit of rendang that they add on for you. I did not bring my camera with me but took a snapshot of the dish with my phone. Hope the picture is clear enough. (I also forgot to take a picture of the shop front! My bad, will endeavour to remember next time).


I normally like the sambal to taste a little bit sweet. However, my dad and I felt that this particular sambal was just too sweet. The rice consistency was alright although I did not feel or smell its fragrance. The rendang daging was not bad, not too spicy but the meat could have been a little more tender. People who love crispy ikan bilis (crispy but not hard) will be pleasantly surprised as that is exactly what they will get. Hahaha, very to the point right? They also have other varieties on their menu besides nasi lemak such as char kuay teow, laksa and also some snacks such as curry puff and other local delicacies.

With two order of drinks costing RM3.95 each (chrysanthemum tea and ice bandung soda), the total bill came up to RM27.30. Way too pricey for nasi lemak in my opinion! But what the heck, you just try everything once right? If you think it was good and worth the money, go back. If not, well, at least you've tried it. :)

No comments: