Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yay for Body Shop!

When I went to Shanghai last year during August/September, I found that after you did your shopping (anywhere from deli's to supermarkets except retail clothing stores), if you wanted a shopping bag for your purchases, you would need to pay around RMB1 which is roughly about RM0.50. I thought that it was a great way to make people more aware of what they can do for the environment because imagine how many plastic bags you can save for each person who doesn't use them!

Today, after a long time, I walked into Body Shop at One Utama and realised that it now practices the same policy. They will charge you RM0.50 if you require a plastic bag for your purchases. So Yay to Body Shop!! If only more people or retail outlets will practice this. Right now, I think the supermarkets are only at the stage where they are selling the reusable bags for customers to buy. I think we still have a long way to go in terms of awareness before people really practice what is being preached.

No comments: